Thursday, February 11, 2010

Photoshop

Because most of my pictures are so damn fake, some people think that I'm totally pro at Photoshop. In fact, I use this very amateur, very basic, foolproof photo editor and am totally clueless when it comes Photoshop.

This semester I'm taking this Design class and since Photoshop is like this totally integral part of the design and publishing aspects of our mass comm career, there's no escaping it. So far, there's only one assignment so there's only one thing that we are taught. We have to change a B&W picture into a full-colored one. It's the only thing I know how to do using Photoshop so far, therefore I've been semi-abusing it, trying it out on all my current pics. LOL.

It's a bit like coloring with crayons, but in digital form. You have to do it small tiny part by part. Friggin' painstaking and time-consuming but I'm really, really proud of what I did tho.

This was what we were given to work with.


And here's the end result. Totally believable right? Just squint a little, and like, DON'T zoom in and it'll look fine :)