Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Mini Reviews

LOL I broke my own personal record. 5 movies in 5 days, and 3 movies the week before that. I don't think I've ever spent so much time in the cinema in one week.

True Grit - Watched this because the fam was watching Number Four and I've already watched that, and decided that it wasn't worth a second watch even though the eye candy was BOOMZ. There wasn't anything else I wanted to see, this looked OK, so I went in and hoped I wouldn't hate it because I don't usually watch Westerns but ohmygod this was good. Hailee Steinfeld was sooo amazing and classy and she's ONLY 14. Hope she doesn't go the Lohan route hahaha.

Burlesque - This was a second watching. Yeah, the story wasn't the most original and you could see how it'd end a mile away but... it's a musical! With campy songs! Sang by Christina! And lots of booty-shaking and sequined dresses! Was fun and camp and very uplifting. I loikes. I don't get why some people like to hate on Xtina hmph.

Beastly - Again, this was for the eye-candy. Tambah 50 points for Alex P's face, minus 280 points for Vanessa Hudgen's. Seriously, she is Gabriella Montez and no one else. Ever. Storyline was so-so-so-so. I cannot believe an Olsen twin is actually acting. In a movie. And unsurprisingly, in very fierce outfits. Wonder if any were from The Row? LOL.

The Adjustment Bureau - Watched this for Emily Blunt and she was effing fantastic. I love her! Hers and Matt Damon's performances made the movie. The storyline was intriguing enough, but the ending somewhat lazy.

127 Hours - Franco is so darn cute. And talented. This movie is so sick, as in gross. It's amazing I didn't throw up.

No comments: