Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I'm Doing A Seline!

Ooookaay, this is gonna make me look like a self-absorbed, spoilt brat but really, I am just thinking of you and trying to make your life that tiny bit easier! As I've been going on and on for ages, I think now everybody knows that my birthday is next week so if you have been racking your brains day and night and every single minute (as I know you must have!) thinking of what to get me, of what would make me happiest, then this LIST is just the thing for you.

Okay, people sometimes get the misconception that I'm a high-maintenance diva, I don't know why! I'm a simple boy, from a simple village in Terengganu, simple things make me happy. So let's get the low-maintenance, no brainer gifts out of the way first shall we?

1. Books
I spend a lot on books but still, not enough. Most of the time I blow my allowance on clothes rather than at the bookshop so there's a few books that I've wanted to get since forever but just didn't for some reason or other. It'd be nice if someone got me books cuz it's something that I'd definitely use anyways =) Off the top of my head, a few books I can think of that I want right now are Map of the Invisible World - Tash Aw, The Girl With Glass Feet - Ali Shaw, Still Alice - Lisa Genova. I'm sure there are others. You know my type; funny, witty, a sucker for sad stories or love stories or even better sad love stories, I like pretty covers.

2. CDs
I know right. CDs???? Well, I'm a very traditional guy when it comes to music. For acts I really like, I don't really do the download thing. I get their CDs so I can play it over and over in the car and look at the pretty artwork and sing-along. Plus, my broadband is slow as hell so I don't attempt any heavy duty downloading on it. Echo by Leona Lewis and The Boy Who Knew Too Much by Mika would be nice additions to my music collection, thanks :) P.S No Malaysian editions, please, cuz I want the booklet also.

3. Accessories
I'm just including this cuz I broke my fave pair of shades while I was in Bangkok and I really want a new one. They don't even have to be expensive. My old one was from Vincci! LOL. But of course if someone wants to gimme RayBans I'm not gonna be complaining. I think accessories are fairly easy presents, no? Also, right now I'm seriously into animal jewelry :)

4. Gift Vouchers!
I know some people might hesitate giving gift vouchers because some people don't like receving them; the general thought being that not much heart and effort goes into choosing gift vouchers. Not for me! Heart? Effort? Apa bende tuh??? I love vouchers! A load of Starbucks and/or Topshop/Topman ones would be sooooo appreciated!

Okay, I think I'm done with the easy, generally inexpensive presents so let's move on to the slightly more mid-range ones which you might be thinking of getting as a shared present or whatever.

5. Perfumes
No one can have too many bottles of perfume! Actually I've finished all of mine and just managed to swindle a ck Free from Daddy so there's room for many, many more! ck is more or less my go-to, I like Euphoria, Eternity, etc. Issey Miyakes also I like but I forgot la all their names, they all sound long, same and complicated. Polos also not bad. Happy choosing!

Now, I'm gonna put on the list a couple of things I know no one's gonna get me, unless you're like a mix between Mommy + Santa Claus or just won a hundred k in the lottery but a bitch can dream right?

6. Longchamp Bag
Big sized, but not luggage-sized, dark blue, short handles. I only want this cuz I saw this at the Thailand airport and it was like 400 RINGGIT which was like, HALF of what they were selling it for at Pavilion. Half!! I asked my mom if she wanna gimme that as my hadiah and she was like, what 400 bucks for something that looks like plastic bag? Haaaiiihhh. Who knows, maybe a rich fella with too much money to spare and lots of compassion is sitting at his computer right now googling 'poor boy dying for a Longchamp bag' and found this blog and then contacted me and then Fedexed it to me OMG WET!! OK, stop dreaming.

7. Blackberry Curve
This one is for the other rich guy with too much money, free time and kindness who's googling 'poor boy dying for a Blackberry'..... Okay, I should really stop fantasizing right about now.

OK, my list is done. I'm feeling happy as though as I already got all the presents sitting in my room right now. Hahaha stupid.

2 comments:

Liitle Lies said...

What a list u have ther jeff!
i hope nobody will read this so won't be getting any!!!

hahhaa

btw, Happy Birthday dear & have a hell lots of fub k.

ps : I already have your present & it fall under accessory category!
wow!!! i know but don't b so happy k! hehehe

u want it boy? come & get it!

taufiq iskandar said...

Hi Jeff,

I want to wish you Happy Birthday! How are you doing presently? I hope you are happier than the last time i'd seen you.

With thoughts,