Friday, June 10, 2011

Scare of My Life

Yesterday I almost lost my phone again. Okay, I've practically lost it, and then I found it back.

After Jacq picked me up, she went to meet a customer [hee hee not that kind] for a while and I waited in the car. I remembered playing that bloody blocks game for a while and then I slept. As far as I know, that was the last time I used the phone.

And then we went to the McDonald's at BU Centrepoint for lunch. Later after I dropped her off, I was heading to Gardens and tried fishing it out of my bag. When I left the office I put it in my bag so I kept thinking it was inside. It wasn't! I started panicking big time; like I couldn't drive at all.

The moment I parked in Gardens, I turned the whole car upside down looking for the damn thing. I was pretty sure it would be on the floor somewhere under the mats or something. Almost died when it wasn't. Quickly borrowed a stranger's phone to call, and there was a dial tone, but I couldn't hear the ringer. It wasn't in the car!

I still had a shitload of stuff to return. I hurried to the boutique and they were slooowww as hell; and I was bloody impatient. And then I had to go to Bangsar followed by KLCC and Pavilion. At the Bangsar boutique I called my phone again. Again it rang. I found it weird cuz usually whoever finds a phone and intends to keep it would usually just switch it off. So inside of me was a little hope, that maybe it's in this magical place in my bag or the car that I just haven't seen or maybe some kind soul was just waiting for me to call so that he/she could return but right now they are using the toilet or in class or something.

Since it wasn't in my bag or in the car, I figured I must have dropped it at McD's because everytime we eat, there'll be tons of wrappers and boxes and tissues and chilli packets and a mountain of fries. Maybe my phone was buried under all those, and I just left. I was like, pleeeeaaase God let the cleaners have found it, and are now safeguarding it for me. And then I felt bad and berated myself, because you'd never see me like, praying or talking to God when I am not in need of something. Heck if I was God I'd punish me for doing it only in trouble or distress. I was already planning like, if someone found it and kept it for me at McD's, I would totally give them a cash reward or something even though I'm broke as shit.

So I went all the way back to BU and the McD people were immediately like, No. Like, they didn't even think about it, or asked anybody else. My heart sank so low. And then I thought, you know what, I'm already here, it's unlikely as hell but why not give it a shot it sure as fuck won't hurt me; so I went down to the parking lot where we parked earlier and I walked to the lot that I was pretty sure we parked in and OMGCANYOUFUCKINGBELIEVEIT my phone is lying there on the floor! I must have put in my lap when I fell asleep and when I got out of the car, it just fell. It was like under another car and I had to get on my hands and knees to reach it.

I was so relieved I could cry. I seriously wouldn't know what to do if I lost it for real. It would be the second time in 6 months. Like WTF right. Not only were there things that couldn't be seen, [ahem], but there were pretty pictures and getting contacts back, having to suspend the line, all that is such a bitch.

I should have known laarh. Only the day before Royce was telling me he had lost his phone 3 times and I told him I'm pretty careless with all my stuff but my phone I tend to keep close to me because I feel naked without it. Like WTF. And then this happened to me. Total jinx okay! Universe playing tricks on me or what.

No comments: