Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Miu Miu [but nothing from Miuccia sadly]

Never, ever, ever, ever in a million years did I thought I would be a cat person!

*GASP!*

I have always been a doggie person. I love dogs. My dream is to have a house full of cute, furry lil dogs [with someone else to clean their poop of course, or all of them would be magically toilet-trained].

Cats, on the other hand.... hmmm. My neighbours' cats are always deadly terrified of me. My sister and my favourite pastime was Water Balloons and the Cats Who Jumped a Mile High.

But OMG Y'ALL! Who wouldn't have fallen in love with this???

Presenting... Miu Miu!

Yes, I am now the proud new parent of this cute lil thing!
Soooooo OMFG cute right? Lalalalala~

I never thought I'd get another pet, especially after Sasha, who was Exhausting. But this poor thing took shelter at Jem's place one cold rainy night and Jem [who also hated cats hahaha] took him in, seeing him so kesian. He gets cuter each time I see him and after a few visits I was like, hmmm should I shouldn't I?

Then this other person said maybe perhaps they were considering adopting him and I was like Ohhhh Noooo You Won't! I took Miu Miu home that very same night.

It has been exactly one week now. And he is soooo fudorable!

At first we were worried. Would he like the cat food we bought? Would he shit all over the room? Would he know how to use the litter box? Turns out he was a bit dumb dumb, the first 24 hours, he didn't shit or pee at all. In fact, he used his litter tray as a bed sleeping on the sand. We were like, OMG if he likes sleeping in his litter tray so much, where would he do his business??

Luckily he didn't seem to be that stupid. He did do his business in the tray after that [without any training OMG! When did that ever happen with dogs?] and even know how to cover it all up =) We also needn't have worried about whether or not he'd like his food. In this aspect, he's a bit like Sasha. Also, a bit (sorry, a lot) like a pig. He wolfs down his food like there's no tomorrow. Pour the food in the bowl, he'd gobble it all up and then 15 minutes later he'd be mewing mewing mewing for more more more. OMG can bankrupt feeding this cat!
Lying on our comforters like he's king.

It's also very amusing to see Miu Miu amusing himself. The first game he was addicted to was chasing his own shadow. He could spent like 40 minutes running around the room chasing his own shadow and would always seem quite confused whenever he couldn't catch it. LOL.

After that he started to love going around the things in our rooms repetitively. Like his box for example. He'd run one round clockwise around his box, hide at the back for awhile, then come back out. And then repeat, but this time anti-clockwise.

Now his favorite game is wrestling with an empty tissue roll and batting my USB modem cap all around the room and then chasing it like it's alive.

It's true what they say about cats being very curious creatures. Anytime there is something that he hasn't seen before, like say a bag or a pillow, he'd go poke his nose at it, sniff it, touch it with a paw, back off like it's going to bite him, and then stalk and suddenly attack that thing. Very the LOLs. He seem to fancy himself a tiger in the wild I think. He'd often prowl around the room, crouched very low and moving very slowly, then all of a sudden he'd pounce on either some unseen thing, his shadow, a pen, his toilet roll, the modem cap, a blanket or our toes.

Right now he's honing his climbing skills. He has learned to climb back into his own box for the litter tray and food, up into the laundry basket and is now trying to climb the ironing board up onto the table. He has also climbed up my stacked luggage and onto the window grills. Very soon, I predict he'd jump out the window and go explore the Big Bad World on his own. Boo.

He's also a rude lil fella with no manners. He seems to think that I'm some sort of playground or an obstacle course. When I'm lying on the floor tengah online, he'd crawl onto my back or between my legs like it's a game. When I'm in the way of something he wants to get to (like food), instead of walking the long way which is around my body, he'd just walk over me. Like, crawl onto my body and proceed to walk ON me. OMG.
Miu Miu in one of his favourite hiding places.

If anybody's wondering why Miu Miu has such a sissy name, it's because.... I thought he was a girl. I mean, I never had any cats before, I don't know how to tell! And I've always had girl pets so I just assumed that he'd be a she. And I know I mentioned before how much I hate pets with names that repeat (e.g Fifi, Lulu, Dodo, Chichi), but I always had doggies in mind. Somehow with a kitten that I thought was female, Miu Miu seemed right. LOL.

After 3 or 4 days Seline came and said that Miu Miu is actually a boy, and those things are actually his lil pee pee and testicles and so now I'm still trying to get used to switching the pronouns. I slip up sometimes and scold him Bad Girl or You Naughty Bitch. Hahahahaha

4 comments:

cyntia said...

U always scold ppl with "Bad girl" or "Bitch" walaupun the person u scold is a guy! =P

Jeffrey said...

Ohmygod you bad girl you bitch you!

tuls said...

jeff you miumiu is fucking cute! hahaha.. should name him mitch = man bitch.. hahaha.. joking joking..

Jeffrey said...

Hahahah Mitch is nice but like, a bit too butch. LOL.
Miu Miu's just right, no? Cuz I'm konon2nya so materialistic, cat also need 'designer' names hahaha