Thursday, July 22, 2010

Talk to the Hand, I'm Tired!

I thought of taking a short nap and waking up just in time for a short walk to the beach at sunset.

Next thing I knew, it was cold dark and rainy and very late and my momma was shaking me up, asking me not to sleep through dinner.

I am very embarassed kay that my parents saw this side of me, this side that I pretend doesn't exist, this side that can easily ''take a short nap'' till midnight if awakened by no one.

I like to pretend to my parents that I live a very healthy, very 'student' kinda life; start the morning with cereal, go to classes and study hard, lunch with friends, more classes, more studying hard, a little bit of swimming in the evening, a wholesome dinner, in bed by 11. On weekends, watch a couple movies. Once in a very long while, I'd go to some bar and have a Heineken or two. NO Trainwrecking.

They don't buy it, but I still like to pretend.

I slept like, 2 hours last night and so throughout lunch this afternoon I kept yawning. I told my mom the exhaustion's because of the travelling as though I just made my way back from Africa on foot and/or camelback even though I was just sitting pretty for 50 minutes, cuz it sounds very celeb. Har har.

No comments: