Wednesday, July 28, 2010

MODA

Laziness means this post is coming more than one week later than it should be.

Photos already all over FB so as usual, the blog was slightly neglected because it requires words, which are soooooo like ugh, incovenient! LOL kidding, I'd never say something that bimbotic ever. Would I???

It was something that Andy has been looking forward to and working HARD for months! As a result, all of us were also very excited to see how it would all turn out. It was very interesting to see everything slowly come together from pieces of fabric that were lying around his room & ideas that were just floated around to half-formed garments still with lots of pins and extra fabric and then slowly to actual clothes hanging on a rack and finally, seeing them down the runway on actual models. Wooot!

And it was 12 pieces, all hand-sewn! So ambitious! Although, not as ambitious as the original 24 looks he wanted but still quality trumps quantity I guess =)

We reached there early and the place was packed and Andy was running around like a headless chicken, he was sooo stressed. Said hi to his parents and then sat down to watch all the pretty (and not so pretty, some downright fugly) people milling about. OMFG some of the people looked as though they were let out from the circus hahaha.

Because I like to berangan that I'm some sort of undiscovered celeb, I was very disappointed when no one came to take my picture, except for that photographer who was a friend of Andy's. LOL!

Because it was so packed, it was really very hot and when I found out that there was FREE (ICE COLD!) Heineken going round, I was like, YESSS! Jacqueline began to wonder what it would be like to get drunk in a mall on a Tuesday afternoon. Someone later realized this fantasy for her.

As per usual Malaysian style, the show started about 45 minutes later than the scheduled time, which I think is really quite okay for a fashion show. Some keep people waiting for more than 1 hour! *gasp!* Plus, there're free drinks, it's not that hard to pass the time heh heh.

Finally, the show started and we had to get through 12 contestants and a karaoke singer before we got to Andy's section. Some of the contestants were okay. Some were blatant rip-offs (McQueen and Gaga seem to favorites when it comes to "inspiration") and some were just fugly. There were a few who were great and we spotted the would-be winner a mile away. The moment the collection walked, we knew it would win. I totally want those bags-that-turn-into-jackets-and-back-into-bags-things!

As usual, there are pictures but they are blurry because mycameraisstolen and we'reusingpaige'sblackberry and thereforetheonlyworkingcamerathereishalix'scrappyone pheww. I hate saying that. I also hate relying on Halix's camera, because one moment the pics are gorgeous and the next they look like shit because that camera has self identity issues; it seems to mistake itself for either a phone or a vibrator. Mofo. And well you know, Blackberries, they're not exactly the best devices to capture gorgeous detailing on a dress. Behold, examples:

I'm only posting pics of Andy's collection cuz I'm biased and also because the photos of the contestant's pieces are not only all over the place, they are also seriously really CMI. Andy's one pun bukannya I post everything, only the ones I like or those with pieces that I'm gonna steal from him mwahhaha.
My Bandy shoes!
The leather shorts!

Oh lord the jacket! The shoes! The heeless shoes!
Aaahhhh the shoes, I die.
Love the shorts, love the jacket. But not together.

I wanna steal this clutch heee heee heee.
Azura! Shame you can't tell because he covered her face with that crazy gas mask. She got the mostest fabulous outfit IMO.
What I wore. Thought about it for DAYS in advance hahaha, so obsessed like it's my show like that. Though, it's better than some who thought about it for weeks, and woke up at 7 to try clothes on. Hahahhaha!

Camwhoring, waiting waiting waiting for the show to start.


Andy, finally exhales after 7 months of stress!


Went to Wong Kok to chill out and bitch about all sorts of things while it was raining like mad outside. Super comfy! It was surprisingly, where most of the fashhyoonn crowd went after the show. Pelik benar.

Up until the very last minute (and even well past the starting time), Andy was debating whether or not to go to the Gala. He was obviously, tired as hell but the Gala... is the Gala! A fantastic opportunity for him to hobnob and network and for us to err, gawk at fabulous people. Fabulosity wins over rest & relaxation so he decided to get us in. We were like, should we go as we are or do we change? Let's go to the car and ransack through the collection and see what we can wear lalalala!
My Gala outfit! So pretentious! And so sad, I didn't get to change 'cept for the shoes.
Andy's total makeover! With those pants! And that jacket! I die again.
Look at that satisfied smirk on Paige's face. Very sai lei meh take picture with hottie??! Slap that smile off your face baru tahu hgnh.
Alco-induced posing.

Oh, talking about alco and Halix. There was one point in the afternoon when we were watching the competition that Halix suddenly got up and sat near Ruby, who was sitting in front and also, very very near to the bar. We thought oh maybe he wants to get a better view or maybe he wants to sit with Ruby, who was all alone. Mana tahu, when we went to join him, he was all chatty and giggly and underneath his chair there were like 5 or 6 empty green bottles. The rest of the afternoon he was walking around Pavilion screaming, posing, laughing, kissing, hugging, all the things he shamelessly do when he's tipsy/high/drunk/call it whatever you want.

Classy, darling.
Finally!! I get to feel like a celeb! Tak tahu malu betul la! I loooove this pic so much it's like my fave from that day! Hahahaha :)
Someone left a comment on FB, calling this picture a drag show. Hahahaha!
I was a bit tipsy and I kept thinking, what if I fall what if I fall? Bones will break, the heels will break and I'll never be able to come to Pavilion again. LOL.

In the end, it was like STYLO, another 13 hour thing. Tiring, yes but fabulous!

2 comments:

HanieHyde said...

LOVE what you wore my dear! eh make the photos bigger laaa too small to see! haha

Jeffrey said...

Heheh thanks! *click on Like button*
Next time pics will be bigger k LOL