Thursday, January 20, 2011

Midnight at Mickey D's

Because the new house still lack certain basic necessities like the Internet, and because I suddenly went on a spontaneous 3 day trip up north AND because I have lost access to mobile devices with WiFi capabilities, I have actually been completely cut off from the online world for like, 5 whole days.

WTF that's like a lifetime in 2011. I mean like, almost all social outings in my group is planned through Twitter nowadays. What's a biatch trapped in 2004 like me to do? Haha simple, hijack Jacqueline's BB LOL.

Nah I'm actually at my new favorite McD's now. Being the freak that I am, I was only here like 4 hours ago. It's like I'm desperate to make up for lost time or something after being offline for so long. I hope the staff don't recognize me and think of me as some Wifi-hogging cheapo. It's only till they transfer the line, I promise =)

I'm still so relaxed from my mini holiday (not that there was anything stressing me out anyways haha). Still, it was super nice to disappear off some place where there's fuck all to do but eat 7 times a day. Can't believe the last time I was in Penang was like, 2 years ago? OMG I was practically a different person then, I think?

Oleh sebab takda Internet AAAND TV at home, I have been entertaining myself the old-fashioned way; old as in like 1800's. I occupy myself with books, a pet and tons of household chores. I mean, just half an hour ago, I was in the kitchen chopping onions and garlic to store in Tupperwares so it'd be more convenient when we wanna cook in the future. Can you effing believe that? I'm soooooo domesticated hahaha.

You wouldn't believe the amount of cleaning you have to do when you're staying in an entire house haha, not just a room. No kakak pulak tuh. And this is pre-renovation, where we are skipping certain parts that we know we'll re-do/knock down. It's good though, it keeps me busy.

Finally, 15 days after moving all my shit in, I have unpacked them all! Woots! Fuck am I lazy or what? There's still like maybe 2% left in paper bags here and there but those can wait until all the furniture are here :) Lagi best is when unpacking random bags, I found a couple of baju baru and a new pair of shoes ahhahahaha totally forgot about 'em.

Have been on multiple trips to Tesco and Giant and Ikea to get homey stuff for our house. There is NO end to the things you need. Like, you could go on Monday, get a bunch of things, and then the moment you reached home you'd realize you haven't got like, the companion items; like there's no place to put this on, there's no cover for that, there's nothing to put in this, some part of that is missing, blah blah blah, and on Tuesday you'd go again and then same thing happens, and you finally get everything on Wednesday pheewwww. Ini pun we've already made lists okaay.

Mummy's gonna be here in like, 8 hours! Wheeeeeeee!!!! Tak sabar sabar because there's so much to do for the new place and also, I have only done like, 20% of my CNY shopping? Hahaha can't celebrate new year without new clothes now, can we? And not only that, I also haven't replaced everything that I lost in that Dreadful New Year's Eve Incident. BIG HINT momma! Heee heeee.

No comments: