Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Who Doesn't Love a Good Sale?

I can't remember the last time I was so excited for a sale! Sales are usually such disappointing affairs and you end up going home empty-handed cuz everyone else got to the merchandise before you did or the sizes are all wrong and stuff but NOO, this was like the exact opposite.

All of the new part-timers (me included) were super excited for the staff sale cuz we heard soooo much about it but the old staff were all very blah about it so I thought maybe it won't be all that great after all.

I certainly didn't go with high expectations. I'd be fine even if I didn't buy anything or even if all I got was like a stupid tee or polo cuz you had to keep in mind that these items are more or less damaged and then when I managed to sneak a peek the day before, there were only like 2 rails of guys' stuff compared to the girls's stuff, which were hanging on like 10 rails. I told myself I was just there to see what a staff sale was like. Hehe.

Now I'm so HAPPY that it's not for nothing I woke up at 8 am on my OFF DAY and drove all the way to MV; the bargains were fantastic. Gor geous shirts and vests and cardis were going for 10 to 15 bucks, some virtually undamaged except for a missing button or something minor like that.

At first I felt like I was The Greedy One because I'm the only one from my outlet who came even though it's their off day. The rest of the staff were there because it was their shift. And I was there before 9! But that's totally because I was having breakfast with Howyee whom I haven't seen in ages, okay?

Then when I saw those who came all the way from places like JB just for the sale, I felt better about being there. I was also glad I wasn't working because all those who were, they couldn't come in even though they sooooo very wanted to. I spent hours inside! The staff from other places were scary though. They were waiting in front of the door waiting to serbu, like it was a race and there'd be someone blowing a whistle and then there'd be a mighty stampede.

Inside was pure havoc. Within minutes, 50% of the clothes were on the floor but thank God things remained civilized. Maklumlah everyone's like rakan sekerja so it was all very light and fun and no bitchfights broke out as I imagined. The most kua cheong was when the accesories was brought out. Everyone went crazy and in less than a minute, everything was gone. Sebabnya? Cuz they were friggin' FOC.

I managed to grab a couple but dropped it cuz I was carrying toooo many clothes. Some were mine but most of them were Azleena's who went totally siao and spent like 250 bucks in less than 15 minutes. I'm happy to know that something useful actually came out from me carrying armful after armful of clothes and hangers day in, day out. It was to prepare me for the sale because at one point, I was actually carrying god-knows-how-many-kilos of clothes what with Azleena's sequinned and feathered thingies.

Now I'm broker than ever but totally satisfied. Better than sex. When I came out, I felt like I had just finished running a marathon.

P.S. I wrote this last week but forgot to post it. Now I've already worn one of the shirts, given a dress and a vest to my sisters, sent two to my personal seamstress for repair hehe and bought a couple more things on a second round ;)

1 comment:

paig3 said...

'Now I'm broker than ever but totally satisfied. Better than sex.'
Totally agree!!!! haha