Monday, June 14, 2010

CV, More Like CB!

Yesterday I had to go through my entire room looking for an appropriate cert for an appropriate extra-curricular activity that I could put on my CV.

Yeah. On the list of Important Things You Could Do With Your Life, that probably ranks somewhere around 1658th.

Only benefit that came out of it was it forced me to look in places that haven't seen light in ages, so when I saw all the dust, terpaksalah clean up my room a bit. Pantat.

Semuanya because of the stupid school. Which employer really cares whether you joined the drama team in 2003 or 2005 or whether you represented the school for public speaking at district level ke state level?

But noooo, the person in charge of internships had to see a cert for every single thing you put on your CV. Where does it say that you are naib johan? How you prove you were at peringkat kebangsaan? Blah blah blah.

And when I told her just delete the things I've already written since I don't have the certs with me, she said something like, "Means no activities at all wor? You didn't join anything at UCSI meh?" then give me a look like I'm hopeless and will be doing my internship at Tesco.

In the process, I re-discovered a few things about myself that I've already forgotten a long, long time ago. I was actually Programmes Manager for LCDS. OMG right? I actually got a cert to prove it, but really, what programmes have I ever managed before for LCDS?

...............

And apparently, I am also skilled in Pertolongan Cemas! Good to know. Can that count as other qualifications/skills on my CV? LOL.

But the sad thing is right, after all my efforts looking for the bloody certs in my room, I went to the Co-op offices today and found out that the lady that was helping me verify my CV cannot spell. I mean, I already keyed into the CV all the required information but she still had to edit it according to her way. So OK lor, I thought she was fantastic at CVs or something. Then she spelled some words wrongly. Like, WTH is a 'dramma commpatition - state lavel' ???!?!!??!?!!"££T$%^%U**&^&$£EW!E"

At first I thought maybe she was typing real quick so she made some typos. Then I saw she spelled drama the same way three times. Then before I could tell her, she already clicked 'CV Approved'. So now all my potential employers are going to think that I. Cannot. Spell. KILL ME!

Anyways, when I was digging through all my old files looking for certs, I found all our old assignments during the diploma days! OMG!

LOL I'm saying as though my diploma days were like 8000 days ago when it's actually more like 800 days. But still, I haven't seen these papers for like what, 2 years? So weird to see my name alongside names like Lim Shiau Yong, Lim Chin Yee, Ng Pik Yee Cyntia and OMG Yang Sheau Wen hahahah!

Terpikir pulak masa kita susah2 belajar and buat assignments (always last minute, staying up all night), watching movies to write about film theories lah, cut out ads to study magazine advertising lah, buat survey lah to find out if homosexual portrayals in movies influence the way they are perceived in real-life, etc etc. LOL. Miss you bitches!

No comments: