Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Spend First, Earn (Much) Later!

Today Seline & Ethan and Jem & I went on the first step to fulfilling our dreams of a HK shopping spree and then right after that, we went makan-makan and jalan-jalan. As usual, Seline left early so Jem and I, because we're 'budak kampung' (bluek!! Don't be jealous Seline!) who don't need to go back and answer to anyone so we stayed and jalan even more, although we both had assignments to rush. LOL.

Before this I already sorta promised myself not to shop or simply buy anything that I don't really need. Something like a personal challenge to myself lah, crap like that. This was easily done when we were at Sg. Wang. What to buy there kan? But Seline lah dragged us to Daiso, and I don't know what is it about stores with merchandise that are all priced the same, but it makes me go a little crazy. I think it's the thinking that 'Alarrr it's only 5 ringgit. I'm sure I'll find a use for it somehow. Hmmmm. Don't I have a surface that absolutely needs to be covered in a large piece of pink felt???'

Before I know it I dah have like, 3 things in my hands so I quickly paid and left cuz I know the longer I stay and look at things, the more I will spend. 5 bucks will quickly become 15 then 35 then 50 if left unchecked, I tell you.

Seriously, sometimes I myself cannot believe the things I buy. But it's only 5 bucks lah so it's okay! HAHA! Look at these stickers! Sooooo cute how to resist!!
Forgot who said these stickers are not worth 5 bucks. Hello?! There's like 50 of those cute little pigs there. That's like, 10 cents per cute little pig okay? Super worth it. I'm still thinking mana mau lekat. My computer? My phone? I'm thinking car cuz if Jacqueline can stick her elephants all over the car, then my cute little pigs are definitely allowed!

After that we went to Pavilion. I was broke so everything at Zara memang out of budget. At Topman still manage to control the shopping urge. At MNG there was this gorgeous snakeskin clutch but nevermind, still can control. At Pull & Bear semuanya huduh so no problem there. Then we reached Cotton On and there was my favorite word, besar-besar at the window! SALE! I didn't plan to buy anything but there was this shirt I dah tengok for quite some time and now it was 50% off. FIFTY PERCENT okay? And it's the only S size left. The others were L and XL. It's like, fate. I knew if I didn't buy someone else would and I'd be damn sakit hati seeing someone else wear MY shirt. And you know how Cotton On during sales always have these cute little things like glasses and scarves at 15 ringgit each? Super good bargain! I already grabbed like 3 things but after thinking sebentar, the spirit of moderation prevailed so I put the 3 things back since I already took the shirt. I will be back for them next week! Cuz I know these fifteen-dollar items they have in bulk so no worries that they will be sold out =) Yay less guilt!

My favorite purchase was definitely Xtina's new CD. I feel so proud of myself for being such a fanboy sampai beli on the first day of release. He he.

I still haven't decided if I like this futuristic prostitute side of her. Some of the dance songs were really very catchy but I like the slow, pretty songs the best. The ones she wrote with Sia. Those were very her but at the same time, different from what she has done before and different from what all the other popstars are doing right now. Maybe if she did more of those people would stop comparing her to Gaga ugh.

But bloody hell a lot of her songs were seriously cheesy and childish and some just sounded like moaning plus talking over a beat. You wouldn't believe some of the lyrics either. I mean seriously, And even though we made sweet love all night / I need sex for breakfast ? Seriously??
What about, I hate boys but boys love me / I think they suck and my friends agree ? What is this? Avril Lavigne circa 2005?

But you know, I'm cheesy + childish so hey, no probs for me I'm still a big Xtina fan! =)

No comments: