Saturday, June 5, 2010

Uber FML!!

It's the kind of thing you only read about in the papers, or see on those PSAs on RTM2.

It sounds like cautionary tales that your parents are always telling you about because they heard that someone they know had a cousin whose girlfriend's colleague had something exactly like that happen to them.

You'd never think that the car parked on the side of the road with plastic foil for windows would be yours.

It's not like what you've heard and imagined it would be, at all. The car was not parked in some dark, deserted area. It wasn't 4 in the morning. I wasn't driving a car that cost half a million bucks. There were no valuable items on display. In fact, the laptop and the other bags were rather well-concealed.

Then WHY US?!?!?!?

When major shit like this happens, the mind tends to work in super slow motion.

The first thought that went through my mind was, "Eh, how come I can see so clearly into my car?" followed by "Eh, what are those shiny crystal thingies on the floor?" before finally putting 2 and 2 together.

Then I was all "OH MY FUCKING GOD MY CAR WINDOW!!!!"

It's such a bloody hassle okay. After half an hour of trauma, have to pull yourself together, check what is missing, go to the police station to lodge a report, then clean up the car, find plastic to cover the windows, worry all night what will happen to the exposed car, in the morning wake up, worry about where to go fix the car, how much is it gonna cost, how long is it gonna take....

Sigh.

Thank God for friends and family lor at times like this. Or not I'll still be sitting at the parking lot looking at the windows and biting my nails kot. And if I think I already feel bad, I can't even imagine how it feels to lose almost 90% of my belongings and ALL my valuables like passport and computer and hair straightener and make up and perfumes and new clothes and pretty clothes [These things are really very, very important kay even though macam superficial sangat].

Dear Tuhan, I nak kena 4D boleh tak? At least just enough to cover the costs of new windows la, I'm not greedy. Hee hee.

2 comments:

cyntia said...

Awww too bad we tak kena! Ish...

Jeffrey said...

Nevermind lah! We buy for one whole month continuously! Hahaha