Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Not a Review, mind you

Sadly, no VMAs for me this year cuz I was nowhere near a TV with MTV with my nearest TV away doing some wedding :(

I was really excited about it cuz it was all about Brit's comeback and it's devastating when I found out I was gonna miss it. So I did the next best thing and YouTubed it. Not all of it mind you, just the parts that got me innerested, namely Britney's opening, Rihanna's opening performance, Christina's performance and Pink's performance.

Looks like I didn't miss much anyways. Britney looked healthy, cute and great but her opening was just... underwhelming. It was waaaay too much hype for a short comedic sketch! She shoulda performed, she looked so hot!

The opening performance wasn't as bad as last year's, but for someone who laughed at Brit at last year's show, Rihanna could do sooo much better. Her performance was essentially a female version of MJ's 'Thriller' with no updates to keep it fresh or current or whatever. Her dancers were all over the place (not in a good way) and her singing sounded sooooo friggin bad like omg. Is she trying to be the new Britney?

Just like Christina apparently. I can't believe Christina lip-synced! Like OMG! Yes, I love both the intro which was the fierce reworking of 'Genie' and her rockin new song and I definitely looooved her dancing. But lip-syncing? Christina?? OK I get that she's not gonna be able to work those fierce ass moves if she sang live but.. LOL. It's still fantastic though. It was the performance Britney should have done last year and it's like she's trying to tell the world 'Hey I can do what Brit did sooo much better'. She's got like the same hair (which she keeps flinging all about), practically the same set and similar dancers/choreography (though executed much better!). It was deffo different from all her past performances and it's a good kinda different. If she was able to sing live then it'd have been perfect!

My fave of the 3 performances was Pink's! It was fun dramatic and so OTT. She sang great. Her song was great. And her entrance was definitely rock star worthy LOL.

I know this post is practically pointless but I've been looking forward to the VMAs and for me to miss it only to catch bits and pieces on YouTube and then not having anyone to bitch with about it leaves me with only one option - coming onto my blog and rant all I want :p

2 comments:

JaCie Yap said...

Ya, I absolutely agree that Rihanna can't sing well...
So I'll just looking for the visual part~ Haha...
Anyway, congrats to Britney that won 3 titles for the night...

Jeffrey said...

Ew she shouldnt have won soooo much lor I think.
Her video is just so-so but just because she like, not insane anymore, they just let her win all. Hello?!