Friday, January 2, 2009

And So 2008 Is Officially Over!

It came and gone in what felt like a flash and I think it was a pretty good year in general for me. Lots of different things happened and I hope they have all added up to form this better, more grown up version of me :)

I started this blog, I graduated, changed colleges, fell in love, sort of fell out of it then fell back in, made new friends, lost some friends, reconnected with the ones lost touch, nurtured some neglected friendships, strengthened a few existing ones and left behind those damaged beyond repair :(

15 of my closest friends came to my hometown for possibly the last OHF trip for quite some time, I spent Raya with my KL friends in my hometown for the first time, had a great time at Hong Kong, brought my baby Sasha back to KT and watched her not get along with Yuki, my big doggie Casper passed, my grandpa passed, I had a major fight with someone important in my life and was forced to be mature (whatever that means) and I stayed with my sister in KL for four months. We both learned a lot about the other :)

So 2009 bring it on! I'm looking forward to another 365 days of good and bad and ups and downs, to a whole new set of memories to cherish and to experiences from which to learn!

I know it's custom for most people to have a long-ass list of things they call resolutions that they begin working on during the second week of January and drop during the first week of February but for this year, I can only think of one right now. I am going to get a job on my own and I am going to hold it down. I am going to be 20 in months and apart from minor temp jobs here and there, mostly gotten through friends and family connections, I have never had a real job. I had a 4 month break in May and 2 months off in November and yet I stalled and just travelled back and forth between KL and KT living the life of a pampered party princess (oooh alliteration! I am not btw). That, I said to myself, is going to change in 2009! Wish me luck bitches :D

No comments: