Friday, August 1, 2008

A Farewell, with Feeling

Rongrong left for the neighbouring country yesterday so the day before was her farewell partayy. It was all very the rushed cuz we found out pretty last minute when exactly she was leaving and we couldn't come up with a good time and venue that could please everybody. As usual lar right? Thankfully, quite a number of us showed up (although not all) so it's a good thing cuz any chance for us to gather must be seized; it's hard enough for a full-on reunionish thing anyways nowadays what with everyone's killing work schedules and assignment workload.

The night began with a pretty botched start cuz we were running hours behind but that's totally the norm for us. I thought the GK gang was already super laaaate, turns out the farewell girl was even much much later so we had all the fun first. LOL sounds so mean right? It's like, we were already halfway through celebrating before the guest of honor even arrived. Since there was nothing much else to do and since I've got hold of Jac's cute lil gaybai camera we started camwhoooooring. From the amount of pics I took, you'd think I was the one leaving the next day hahaha.

I certainly dressed the part of guest of honor. So memalukan. I hate being overdressed but I was like totally bored during the day and had lots and lots of time to think of what to wear, get dressed up and beautify myself so I totally went overboard and it turns out everyone else just slipped into shorts and flip flops. A bit of ooops and a lot of ugh. Looks like I didn't get the dress-down memo ;p Made me felt like Posh in Disneyland where the all the commoners are spilling soda on their tourist tees and she totters around in Louboutins. And I thought everyone else would put a little more effort into appearances since Feeling is / used to be THE hangout place for many many Target Objects. And yes I know some people might notice I've worn the gray vest for two outings in a row and that's like a fashion crime punishable by death to some but hellooo, it's new and I have this bad bad habit of wearing all new / newish clothing items to death and then getting bored of them LOL. Thank Gawd I wasn't the only melebih lebih one. ChinYee also went OTT, putting lots of glitter on her super cleavage LOL.

Anyways, enough about me, hahaha so self centered. More about the event. I don't know how people define the success of farewell parties - the amount of tears flowing? cheesy speeches? - but for me, the success of parties depend on how drunk people get. There was NO alcohol there that night but fun was still had, so it was all good :D

And if you're the type that think farewell parties ain't complete without the waterworks, fear not, the Emo Kids were there to provide the tears. Since a couple of the gang love to bring on the emotionality, I was already prepared that someone was gonna be bawling somewhere along the night. I just thought it'd happen right at the end at the goodbyes, where the opportunity for me to escape was much bigger ;) But nope, it happened when someone requested some emotional Chinese song which I totally didn't understand (Thank God) so I was there cracking stupid jokes about the funny names for the ice-cream, not realizing it was a very emo moment cuz the person was singing about farewells, I'm not sure, she could be singing about dead chickens for all I know... when suddenly a sob, sob sob and ooops, look, the whole table is now teary eyed. Aww. Which is kinda funny when the person leaving to a not-so-foreign country the next day haven't even started crying yet lol.

That's about all I guess, I'm really lazy to write any more about it. There are more pictures but because Blogger is so damn slow, I', just gonna dump it all on Friendster. Most of the pictures of that night were fucked up anyways cuz some genius (YOU KARHAO) wanted to take some so-called artistic (?) pics with soft focus or something and then forgot to change back the setting to automatic (even though you insisted you did :p), which Jac only discovered the next day along with her missing diamond thingies.

No comments: