Monday, November 10, 2008

Today I'm A Construction Worker

All thanks to some stupid lorry driver who can't bother to read addresses or possibly, do not know how. Daddy and Mummy wants to re-do our fences and so they got these pillars which were supposed to be sent to our house couple days ago. Too bad for me the lorry driver sending the pillars saw our neighbour's house first and because they were also doing some major renovating to their place, the driver must have thought, 'Oh hey look, renovation work. Pillars must be for them. Let's drop these shit here' and off they went.

So yesterday my dad asked me to go move the pillars to our house and obviously, I thought he was shitting me. Obviously, right? Those motherfuckers are made of cement, and there are nine of them. Well, he wasn't. He got back from school today and was all, OK let's go get them pillars.

That led to a one-hour slaving session under the scorching 2 o' clock sun going back and forth between my house and my neighbour's carrying cement pillars that felt like a hundred kilos each. Look, I have no problem with hard physical work every once in a while but there are two things in this situation which totally pisses me off.

First, the people sending the pillars screwed up, so why the hell can't my dad just asked them to clean up after their own fucking mess? It's totally their fault in the first place and our right to call them up and get it done correctly. Or else wtf are they getting paid for? Most times my dad just have this serious problem for asking for his rights when it comes to proper service while I fully believe that if it's your job to do something, then get it done right, or I'll rip you a new one. Like in restaurants, if the staff mess up your order or something's wrong with the food, why would you just shut up and take it? It's gonna spoil your mood for the entire meal. You can just ask nicely and they'd solve everything for you and if they're being major bitches, there's always the manager ;)

The second thing I HATE is working fully clothed in the fucking sun. Don't get me wrong, I love the sun. But only when I'm at the pool / beach, getting myself all nicely brown. I hate it when I've been out in the sun like just now cuz I KNOW that I'd get this horrid uneven farmer's tan. Like, my lower arms, my neck, my face are all gonna be one shade and there'd be this stark contrast with my upper arms, my torso and my legs which are all gonna be a lighter shade. UGH. No one appreciates the hard work that goes into a fab, even tan. Thank the gods I'm in KT right now so I can start all over on my brown-ness :D

3 comments:

Charows said...

Jeff, y not just take off ur clothes when u r working under the sun. LIke that mar even tan d lor? ahaha..

Jeffrey said...

Cannot la! Like that I will rugi besar and all the passerbys will untung, u know?

(Bwhahhaha omg I so tak sedar diri)

Charows said...

hahaa.. No passerbys pun lar.. ada pun, auntie auntie jer.. bukannya awek awek.. ahaha.. u mmg tak sedar diri.. ahaha