Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Back on Driver Duty

I reach home after an 8-hour bus ride and my dad gives me just enough time to put down my bag, pee, say hi to my mom, my grandma and my two dogs and set me to my first task: pick my sister up from tuition class.
My itenerary for the next three days has been confirmed. It revolves around my sister's schedule of school, extra classes, bowling games and wherever else she wants me to send her.
This of all things, is the biggest reminder that I am home! LOL!

But of course, this being KT, driving styles need to be slightly adapted and set to "small-town" mode.
What that means is I gotta remind myself always that there are no fast lanes here but lots of stupid bitches who don't know how to drive and even if I drive at 60 km/h there won't be anyone behind me honking or tailgating.

Although, things feel a little strange now. The last time I came back, it was CNY and therefore very riuh everyday. Friends were everywhere, and I wasn't single. Now it's rather lonely. Jacq's not here, Joceline's gonna disappear in a few days (my colleague in sunbathing!!) and again I feel the need to complain about how sucky it is not to have anyone to call you and say hey taken your dinner yet? and goodnight baby.

No comments: