Friday, December 19, 2008

HK: The First Day and In General

Hola~ My ugly but precious laptop is finally revived thanks to a new super expensive adaptor (not that expensive but I could get my Puma's for that price but anyways connection to the world is more important than what I be stepping shit in).... so the HK pics are finally up! I've eliminated most from posting because it's such a hassle and I'll only be posting random ones that I find cute. Naturally, a scary amount contains my face.

This here was taken on the streets the first day we got there. The moment I reached the first thing I noticed was how it wasn't all that cold really, but all the people were all wrapped up in their coats and sweaters and boots and scarves. OMG I loved it! It's what I always do / wanted to do in KL but I always get these weird stares. LOL.

See the 'zhen zhu neh teh' I had in me hands? That was the first of many many. Yeah, on average I think I had one for every single day of the trip. That and 'yin yong nai za'. I find them to be very HK and sooo much better than the crap in pasar malams in KL. We also had more dim sum and duck than I could remember because once Dad finds something he loooves he just goes high and low looking for different, better versions of them.

And all these spelling of Chinese words in English is effing pissing me off. I'm not gonna type pearly milky bubble tea or whatever cuz it is so fucking gaybai so I'll just stick to annoying Chinese words for now. I had to put up with soooo much Cantonese there. Except for McD's and Starbucks and the like, practically no where else has English on the menu/instructions/whatever. Sooo troublesome especially during the first day when we wanted to order and I was at a total loss. Stuck to good ol' wantan mee. It got better over the next few days but it was still horrid cuz I was so terrified of making a fool of myself with my sucky Canto when ordering or when talking to snooty sales assistants.

And whooaa were they snooty. At almost all the restaurants we went to, the cutlery were all chipped and damaged cuz the waiting staff would just bang 'em on the table. Some people might find it very offensive, but I loved it! It was hilarious. When they came to collect the plates, I'd just bang them back onto the tray.

Our hotel was at this very happening area but it's not the club/bar area though :( That would have been wicked but our area was still pretty good for jalan-jalan and shopping. The first day we went to the Ladies Market (LOL at the name!) and it was basically the HK version of Petaling Street and I was mighty disappointed cuz I don't want the tourist areas. I wanna shop where all the fierce local teens are buying their stuff. But then I later found out that our area had lots of sick stores and fierce people too. There was even an Esprit outlet store. That sooo made my day. And the cool thing 'bout these stores is that they stay open till super late, as long as there're customers inside. So in some totally rad ones, we got to shop till past midnight. Looooves it.

Anyways we went back to Lui Yan Kai (it's too funny to type Ladies' Market soo many times....bwhahahahhaha) couple days later to get souvenirs and we got our first experience in public verbal abuse. We were getting souvenirs and when we bargained with them, them salespeople would start shouting and scolding us. They'd start off very nice, saying they had to make a living and then they'd finish by screaming at us to go sell our own wares, calling us crazy and trying to con them and whatever else they could think of. The funniest was when Jac wanted to get sunnies and when the lady refused to lower her price, we started walking away. Then she reluctantly called us back. When we got back she said to my sister's face in a voice so loud people from 4 stalls away could hear, 'Cannot believe you are so cheap lor! Look at your face, won't know that you are such a cheap person!' all while accepting my sis's money. Everyone turned to see. Jac was stunned to the max. BWHAHAHAHAHA.

Pikchah time!

I've always wanted a four-figure receipt! :D

Gender reassignment anyone? One of the many funny signs in HK. Most of 'em concerning the abuse of the English language.

The old folks couldn't figure it out so us kids were in charge of buying tickets for the very efficient public transport. MRT? MTR? I forgot the name heheh.

I always see people laying all their stuff out after a shopping expedition and take pics as if it's something to be proud of so I decide to do the same (even though my haul's nothing to shout about). If it were an editorial I'd call it 'For Less than RM400' although it exceeds that amount slightly and there were other stuff bought at other places later on in the trip but I was tired of taking pictures of clothes already, unless they had me in it.

Lot more pics gonna be up soon bitches :)

4 comments:

Sab said...

Ish! Jealousnya saya ni! Glad you had fun...and yes, lui yan kai is indeed funny! LOL!

Hey,how come I don't have any gifts?? Waaaaaaa!

-Sab-

Jeffrey said...

EH!!! No gifts meh? Claim from me yeah :D Limited stock available, Cherry and Alvin got theirs already :P hahahhaa

Sab said...

I'm sooooo upset that you really ter-forget me! Waaaaaaa!!!!

Jeffrey said...

I didn't forget you la! I just forgot to give you. How could I forget cute little Sabina??